Dudes. Exams. Terrified. Nerds. Study. Past papers. HUNGRY. Read. Solve. EAT. sleep. DAYDREAM. STUDY.
yes. this has been my thought process for the past month. (except for the dudes part i was just addressing u guys Muahahah). Im giving my AS level CIE examinations and man has it been hell. I just had three consistent papers, a Chem practical, a Bio practical and a Psych paper and now thankfully i have a gap of 3 days before the next 3 consistent papers. I know. Im screwed. Here's how it usually goes.
I spend the whole day before an exam studying my ass off like a robotic maniac, not caring about anything other than the stupid book in front of me. If anyone dares to make conversation with me this is the look that they get:
![]() |
| questioning your sanity. |
At about 1 in the night I decide that there is nothing more I can do and surrender myself to the comfortable depths of my bed. A wink and a very disturbing dream later you find yourself waking up to the annoying voice singing "Here we goooo. Come with meeeeee. There's a world out there that we should seeeee" Yeah i actually used to like that song. now. I HATE IT.
So I get up, its 5 30, i pray, take a shower and go back to sleep for half an hour, getting up again to the stupid person trying to make a rocket out of scrap to go visit his girl friend in a different country (HAH as if that's ever happening) (dude, FUEL?) (I have been studying physics ok, u'd better not doubt my knowledge). I change into my uniform, check all my stuff a bazillion times, gulp down some milk and try to ignore the queasy feeling in my stomach. Then i leave for the centre (or my school in case of a practical).
Now you know how something or the other has to go wrong? yeah. the first day my abbu got into a fight with the person conducting the traffic near my school so i get out of the car all shaken up and my mind isnt processing anything. the second day, its a theory paper so we have to go somewhere else and we totally lose our way. And i have one word to describe how i felt. PUKEY.
| die die die |
I really need a knowledge harnessing helmet. It's like when I set my eyes on the building of the centre, my brain lets out a screech and a whimper, and pees in its pants. Only the pee is knowledge. and the pants are anywhere but in my mind. Right? right? Also I need to wear this shirt.
![]() |
| i just might |
Practical papers are CPT. Constant Performance Tasks. Two hours of bloody test tubes, bunsen burners, chemicals, microscopes and the mocking blank paper right in front of you. I mean just imagine. A.C.s off (cause of enthalpy experiments), windows closed (breeze would disturb the burners) and bunsen burners on in front of your face. or what's left of your face. Coz most of it has melted. Finally after two hours of hopping around like a maniac, balancing multiple apparatus in your hands and trying to keep your scribbling match the language required, the examiners who have been walking around smugly with bemused smirks on their faces, order u to stop writing. Tired, defeated and totally exhausted, you rest your sweaty, bloody (drama), weak ass on the stool.
Now usually there's a domestic staff lady going around with water and cups. I jump at her and stare hypnotised at the water pouring into my paper cup. I kid you not i took 3 glasses and at the end i smiled apologetically at her but she stumbled a step away from me. So i must have been looking scary. Meh.
![]() |
| oh jeez. the mirror does not look good today. |
After that the wait begins. Now these stools that we're sitting on, they're backless. So yeah obviously I almost fell off a couple of times due to my severe need for back rest. I look around and everyone's passing these looks to each other, raising their eyebrows to ask how the paper went. They'd get a shrug or a sad whimper in reply. So I looked at H who was sitting beside me and i raised my eyebrows at her. Then i winked at her. Then i gave her a flirty smile. Then the examiner came and I had to avert my face as me and H did the silent monkey choking laughing routine. But then the examiner moved away and H asked me how my paper was. I gave her the following looks in succession. And yes i know im awesome for giving so many awesome looks. *bows*
![]() |
| seriously wtf was that? |
![]() |
| I DID STUDY FOR THIS RIGHT? |
![]() |
| SO SCREWED |
Then thankfully they let us go and I can stop being awesome (though its effortless, so meh). I make my way out of the lab taking in a deep breath after the noxious fumes of the numerous gases in the lab (blame it on the chemical/ blame it on indigestion) and as soon as we reach the class where we have to wait till the Group B goes into the labs (GOD FORBID we jump out an shout practical readings at them) the nerds start discussing the paper. and yes. THE LOOKS ARE REQUIRED:
![]() |
| SHUT THE EFF UP U *TOONT* |
![]() |
| yeah you itch. |
Nerds. UGH. They remind me I have to study. and i just wasted a WHOLE load of time. But I had to. Also this is my 50TH post. *Fireworks* And Atta. I'm sorry. I know i promised to post the "Life with a medical student roommate" article but I just had to get this out man. And also u just keep on providing me with matter ya know. I just heard you utter the words "Bloody mucous filled diarrhea". I love the pictures that you paint in my mind everyday. Thankyou.








Laikin practicals tou out ho jatay hain :(
ReplyDeleteOh sorry, I made a smiley.
ReplyDeleteLaikin practicals tou out ho jatay hain.
And I liked the post. I'm not a smiley.
GOOD LUCK.
Reminds me of my chemistry practical examination at school. A friend of mine set the lab on fire by mixing heating sulfur directly on the burner.
ReplyDeleteBackless stools. We have them EVERYWHERE in our med school. Imagine having to sit on them for hours at end. I think I might have acquired a super convoluted spine by now.
CIE, ;-( Am scared! Great piece, suga! :P
ReplyDeleteAHAHAHAAHAHAAH SCIENCE PRACS!
ReplyDeleteI remember when I was in tenth we had our school pracs, I FAINTED in my Physics pracs man. I just had a reeling feeling, puked out some phlegm into the sink next to which I was doing some ice experiment thing, and BLACK OUT. And during my Chem pracs, I HELPED MY FRIEND CHEAT. MY MIND WAS SO NUMB BECAUSE I'D ALREADY GOTTEN THE CONGEALED GUNK IN MY TESTTUBE APPROVED BY MY TEACHER AND SHE WAS ONE OF THE TOP STUDENTS IN MY CLASS BUT SHE DIDN'T GET IT RIGHT SO SHE ASKED FOR MY TESTTUBE AND I GAVE IT TO HER AND THE TEACHER APPROVED IT AGAIN. Yes, I am aware that that was a VERY VERY BAD THING TO DO EQUIVALENT TO PERJURY OR WHATEVER AND I FEEL BAD ABOUT IT EVERY DAY.
Good luck for the rest of your exams, dude. I kind of enjoy the giddy examey pukey feeling, actually. Huh. :)
Ha ha ha ha.
ReplyDeleteLWAP,there's alternate to practicals in CIE,in Pakistan,so there's no test tube handling for CIE/GSC gang>:P Nevertheless,the alternates itch a lot too.p
DDUUUUDDDEEEEE i am so sorry but i laughed at this.
ReplyDeletethat's right. i laughed at your plight.
not my fault that you're so funny. :O
i'm awfully sorry about your melted face *snickers*
I SHALL BE GOING THROUGH THIS KIND OF HELL SOON, SO YEAH. (though not Science-related)
good luck! ♥ imma pray for yooouuu.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAME ORDEAL.
ReplyDeleteExcept I'm giving A2 exams. Which are worse. Fml.
good luck
ReplyDelete@Duck Thankyou. Ahahah i dont mind the smiley.
ReplyDelete@Acetyl Oh sheesh. that sucks. Oh haha wow :D i accidently sucked up Sodium Hydroxide while pipetting in my mid year exam. fun.
@S thankyoou <3
@LWAP ahahahahahhaha SHIT NICE AHAHAHAHAHHAH :D oh dont feel bad, every normal person has done that atleast once in their life. And i love how teachers tend to get fooled so easily sometimes :D Thankyou man!
@HBL The alternates are in O level. i am doing CIE GCE A level, so there is alot of test tube handling.
@Furree Ahahah go ahead this is what this blog is for anyway :D Good Luck to u too and I wil too <3
@ Aseela BUT YOU'LL BE FREE NEXT YEAR AND I LL HAVE A2. FML.
@Bavli thankyouu