Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know that you're just time away
Long ago I reached for you, and there you stood
Holding you again could only do me good
How I wish I could, but you're so far away
One more song about moving along the highway
Can't say much of anything that's new
If I could only work this life out my way
I'd rather spend it being close to you
But you're so far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
Doesn't help to know you're so far away
Yeah, you're so far away
Traveling around sure gets me down and lonely
Nothing else to do but close my mind
I sure hope the road don't come to own me
There are so many dreams I have yet to find
But you're so far away
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
It would be so fine to see your face at my door
And it doesn't help to know you're so far away
You're so far away
Yeah, you're so far away
You're so far away
A masterpiece by Carole King. However good songs the musicians today may write they can never achieve the depth and intensity, the heart felt out pour in such simple yet effectual language of the old songs especially songs of the late 60s early 70s.
I see the glistening pavement, light from the street lamp casting an ethereal glow on the surroundings. I see the moon hanging low, shining pearlescently as the stars wink in the backdrop. I see the trees lean in to whisper to each other in the soft breeze... And sometimes I don't see any of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
No creepy smileys, feedback would be awesome.