Friday, January 7, 2011

Deep sleep

Your eyes speak more than words.. Rooting me to the spot, leaving me clinging on to a flimsy shred of hope.. They spoke volumes, and I felt it all.. Longing, pain, desire, ache.. Intermingled, mixed in the midst of utter confusion... Making me stationary when all I wanted was to run.. Either towards you with wild animal hope and desperation or away from the stinging blows of reliving my worst memories.. Cringing from the pain, trying to hide the scars, the barely healed scars.. But I was a statue and you saw me to the depth of my mind, heart and soul. I felt vulnerable, not because I was scared of you, but because I was afraid you would go away again. And you did. Just leaving behind the memory of your dark, powerful eyes and the linger of a smile in them.. That smile, that spark mocked the fear I felt, rendering it ridiculous that you had ever left. But u had, and the pain will never leave me. But that glimpse of you, the moment you took to wrench my heart out again.. It was good somehow, familiar. I could be a narcissist if pain was all that your presence offered.. And those eyes, brimming with emotion true to the innocence of your soul, I saw them again. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No creepy smileys, feedback would be awesome.