No I'm not color blind
I know the world is black and white
Try to keep an open mind but...
I just can't sleep on this tonight
Stop this train I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can't
But honestly won't someone stop this train
Don't know how else to say it, don't want to see my parents go
One generation's length away
From fighting life out on my own
Stop this train
I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can't but honestly won't someone stop this train
So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game to find away to say that life has just begun
Had a talk with my old man
Said help me understand
He said turn 68, you'll renegotiate
Don't stop this train
Don't for a minute change the place you're in
Don't think I couldn't ever understand
I tried my hand
John, honestly we'll never stop this train
See once in a while when it's good
It'll feel like it should
And they're all still around
And you're still safe and sound
And you don't miss a thing
'til you cry when you're driving away in the dark.
Singing stop this train I want to get off and go home again
I can't take this speed it's moving in
I know I can't
Cause now I see I'll never stop this train
(think I got 'em now)
John Mayer is a genie ass. I feel like he took the words out of my mind. The fear of growing older, addressing new reponsibilities, just wondering if you'll ever be able to make it out there in the open.. Makes you wanna go back to being a 8 year old.. back to the tender wilderness of your childhood... where there is no fear and no pain and no feeling of impending doom. Where you aren't afraid of the million possibilities, but excited because of them.. where your parents are this solid backbone to you, healthy and nourishing.. where you dont have a care in the world and you're just psyched to see what the next day brings to you. Where your heart doesnt weigh you down and your mind doesnt feel like its gonna blow. Just contentment. No fear.
Fear of getting old, fear of dying seems only to be there when you are young. I know...I felt this fear. As you get older, the fear seems to disappear. Don't ask me when, why or how this happens, it just does.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy life...you have so much ahead of you!
Ayak its not the fear of dying myself or getting old. true getting older brings responsibilities and more burden which no one likes. but i think what im getting at is the fear of losing my loved ones.. that just breaks me down..
ReplyDelete