Sunday, February 13, 2011

The 2000 Word Essay Story

I hate thursdays. And last thursday was a supreme example of the effed up thursdays I usually have to go through.. No free periods on Thursday, Double Physics (DIE DIE DIE), Biology, Chemistry and two G.P. periods in between and not even Psychology to spice up the air... So yes, we were doing something about plants in Biology which was boring and I had a headache so i decided to bunk G.P. We had to give presentations on a culture and I was already done with mine so I was like what the heck! Lets do it. (I represented Germany, because i love the football team =P)
Plus the place is HOT cmon!

So I have a great time roaming around, getting high on Pepsi and Kurleez, hardly believing that its a Thursday coz it really did seem like good old Tuesday. For the last two physics lab i get kinda late, too much fun to leave behind. Outside the lab i open my bag to get my booklet and hear thundering footsteps coming my way and automatically i think, "Now this is more like Thursday". Gigantic handbag swinging in her hands, ready to give a big wallop, dark brows furrowed above the owlish glasses, my GP teacher came trundling into view. Keeping my head down, I serenely gather my booklet and stationary and walk uninterestedly inside taking a last sec glance at her face. The fumy expression is incorporated with a bit of confusion. Nice sight.

I should continue being angry right?
I take a place and discreetly start the experiment waiting for her to come in. She comes in shouting at the top of her voice, stops to apologize to the teacher and then continues at the same volume. The words " 2000 WORD ESSAY and Attendance Register" are all one understood, but oh man they were enough. and the topic. teh frigging topic. "Do you think cultural intermingling due to globalization has affected regional and national culture" My brain cells died. I considered completely skipping it but the possibility of her giving me a 4000 word essay were huge.  So I went home depressed like every Thursday, wasted time "studying"/ reading a novel and then accidently fell asleep at 10. Only to be rudely waken up at 2 by being smushed into the wall by my MBBS doing cool nerd cousin.(She made me add the 'cool' part just now). I got up, screamed at her and then remembered the essay and meekly sat down with beloved google and wikipedia. At 5 'O' clock, eyes red and teary, nose blown up (dunno why that happens, but woah man ballooon!), I finally laid back to sleep and overslept. Instead of getting up at 5 45, i got up at 6 30, did a Steven Tyler scream at the time and jumped out of bed. A quick mouthwash later I ran full speed upstairs to change, put my toes in my shoes and my socks in my pockets and ran back down to get my bag and out where my coaster stood with the driver smashing his elbow on the horn repeatedly. I climb inside, throw myself in my seat and heave a relieved sigh. Then i notice the kids upfront staring at me like im a maniac. Throwing them a withering glance i run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to tame them, and take off my shoes to wear my socks. The kids are still staring. Wriggling a toe at them I get my feet in my shoes again, pull my hair back with a barette and plug on my earphones. And go to sleep. I get up to my friend poking me repeatedly in the shoulder and the driver shouting at us to get out. I look around, the coaster is empty and my hair is out of the barette again. Forward to the end of G.P. period, I throw the essay on the desk (the teacher was writing on the board, she didnt see XD) and walked out relieved. Half an hour later a fellow bunker who hadnt submitted the essay came and announced how they had begged the teacher and had got two extra days and word limit shortened down to 500 WORDS. FIVE HUNDRED WORDS. A PIECE OF CAKE. TWO THOUSAND WORDS. I HAD TO WRITE TWO THOUSAND WORDS. ughh she hates me. plus she thinks im suicidal thanks to my first essay in which I WAS ONLY JOKING. bleh talk about no sense of humour. bleh bleh. (When i dont like stuff i go, bleh bleh. When i couldnt care less i go meh meh =D) (OKAY NEXT POST IS ABOUT BLEH AND MEH yaaay)
14th feb is Stupid. But i've got two badges for it!
AWESOME
Grrdammittt?



P.S NEW TEMPLATE yaaaaaaaaay! do u like it?

9 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEE THE NEW TEMPLATE!
    and i LOL-ed at your story, really sorry but i couldn't help it. :P
    2000 words O.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved it too, but it was too cool for me :P
    actually it was just not me.. this one's more like me, specially coz i have an obsession with clouds, bubbles and origami :D
    and yeah if it had happened to someone else im sure i would have too! just think! 2000 to 500!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww 2000 to 500...poor baby :(

    the template is a real cool one, *cool* in the literal sense =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHEMGEE, i feel for you. HAHA.
    The angry picture made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "getting high on Pepsi and Kurleez", how on earth????
    And it was a sad sad tale, heartfelt! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Spiral Universe thanks for the sympathy :) and yesss its kinda refreshing, i looove it :)
    @Fatima trust me our teacher has the same look on her face daily :D its extremely hilarious!
    @A Great Liar we hold the ability to get high on plain water. Its a talent :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHMYGOD. I TOTALLY KNOW HOW YOU MUST'VE FELT. I'VE STAYED UP TO WRITE A 2000 WORDED ESSAY TOO! It's the worst thing ever. And the fact that the other person only had to do 500?!

    BOILS MY BLOOD. Even though it really shouldn't. I mean, I don't even know the person, or the teacher. And don't go to the same school. And probably am not affected by it in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Aseela U HAVEEE????? NOOOOOO!!! WHAT Has this world Come to?!!! hahahah I looove u for being so empathetic.

    @Tazeen Pretty much! :/

    ReplyDelete

No creepy smileys, feedback would be awesome.